Derwent Inktense Pencils are as versatile as watercolor pencils, with a firmer texture that allows them to perform with the brilliant intensity of
Derwent Inktense Pencils are as versatile as watercolor pencils, with a firmer texture that allows them to perform with the brilliant intensity of traditional pen and ink. Use them individually or mix colors together to create rich, subtle tones for bold, expressive drawings. The soft leads allow for quick lay down of vibrant color, and they can be used dry or washed out with a little water to create a vivid yet translucent effect. Lift color off of the end of the pencil to strengthen the tonality of your work. And, if you need to soften it, apply dry color over drawn areas. Create texture by flicking color off the end of the pencil using a wet brush. Once dry the color is permanent and can be worked over with other media. Inktense pencils are perfect for a diverse range of art, from Japanese Manga to vibrant silk painting, traditional watercolors to stunning botanical illustrations. A color tab at the top of the pencil matches the core color for easy identification. And, they’re presharpened, so you can get to work right away!
- Range of 24 jewel-like colors
- Includes a non-soluble outliner
- On Silk — Wet the silk and use a dry pencil to draw directly on the surface or lift the color from the pencil with a wet brush and apply directly onto the surface. Once dry, the piece can be washed and ironed.
- Rubber Stamping — Use the Inktense pencils to fill in gaps created by the stamp, or mixing Inktense and water to create a paint that can be applied to the stamp surface.
- Quilting — Dab a small amount of textile medium on your fabric and simply color it with Inktense for a permanent design.
- Offers intense color combined with a translucent effect for bold, expressive drawings; round 8mm barrel; wide 4mm core
- Highly blendable texture in a range of jewel-like colors; blue barrel with color end tab for easy identification
- Once dry, the color wash is permanent and can be embellished with wet or dry media